PGILA is proud to offer 4 different courses at our academy, in addition to personalized college placement and preparation services.
Our curriculum has proven successful since 2007 in giving students the tools they need to be successful in college as well as in life. Our college preparations courses are proprietary material developed over the past six years with more than 12,000 hours of teaching hundreds of students. We began as GrupoPraxis International AKADEMEIA in Santa Cruz, Bolivia by teaching College Level English Grammar, TOEFL iBT, SAT, and ACT preparation courses. Our International students have worked to earn high enough TOEFL iBT and SAT scores to qualify for scholarships and grants at the top 100 colleges and universities in the United States. Our English Grammar course uses a textbook from Purdue University that is designed to help students develop their English Grammar skills from the most basic to the most complex of sentence structures. Within six months, most of our students are capable of speaking, reading and writing at the junior college level. To date, all Praxis students are either attending a college or university or are at PGILA preparing to attend.
For a list of our most recent students and the schools they are attending click here. (List of Students)
All of our courses use state-of-the-art methods to produce results.
• Our most comprehensive TOEFL iBT and SAT courses consist of 60 hours of instruction, spread over 10 weeks.
• For our more advanced students we offer a variety of customized programs tailored to suit their needs and get them to their highest potential in the shortest amount of time.
• The WEEKEND BOOST SEMINARS are the most popular of our courses.
• Prior to beginning the course, each student will take an official test that serves as a pre-test that is scored and recorded as their “base score”.
• During the course, students receive detailed instruction of the specific rules and procedures needed to master the different question types for each section of the test, assisted practice, individualized practice, and review. Each complete practice set of questions will be recorded and problem areas identified. At the end of each section of the course, we will have a complete practice test for that section to gauge the level of improvement during the course.
• At the end of the course we will provide the student an additional complete official test that serves as a post-test that outlines in quantifiable terms the degree of the overall improvement of the student. This will serve as the basis for what the student should score on the actual test.